Blog Journal 6

 Last week, we began to use Diigo for this class. To be completely honest, I have never used Diigo before and I was a little confused on how to go about using it. I seem to have gotten used to it though after doing a few portfolio items on it. I don't love the platform because I find it looks a little dated, but I enjoy how you can see what other students in the group have posted. 

After blogging for awhile, I have began to like it. I liked how I could customize my space the way I want. I also liked how easy it was to come into my blog and do the assignment and post it. It has a very user-friendly setup that doesn't take a youtube video to understand. Something I don't like about blogger is how you have two different setups, like the one you see and then the one everyone else sees. I wish I could just stay not the page everyone else sees and just post directly from there. During the process, I have learned how calming, having a blog is. This doesn't really feel like an assignment, most of the time, it feels like I can just talk about my feelings about this class so far. 

An interesting Web 2.0 site I would utilize as a teacher would have to be FlipGrid. This site is a video discussion site, used as an alternative to actual discussion posts done on Canvas. On this site the teacher can post a topic and the students can "discuss" by uploading videos of themselves responding. The site also has a bunch of topics the teacher or students can choose from to discuss and under each video students or teachers from the group can comment. To me it is kind of like Instagram and I think a lot of teenage students would enjoy/benefit from doing discussion boards a different way. The link for the site is:  here

Comments

Popular Posts