Blog Journal 3

 Copyright is legal protection someone has over their intellectual property. This means they have personal rights to use, publish, and share their work(s). Fair use goes hand in hand with copyright. Fair use is a set of guidelines that allow people to use materials under copyright for educational purposes, within reason. Fair use also depends, quite heavily, on how the copyrighted items are going to be used and how much of the work is used. As a teacher I would deal with these concepts by making a lot of my own worksheets, tools, powerpoint, etc. I would draw inspiration from works that I see online, but if I am going to be using a copyrighted work, I would check with the fair use guidelines for that piece, first. I would also make sure, as most schools do, that the work that I receive from my students are not plagiarized or copyrighted, through using TurnItIn and encouraging my student's to do their own work. 

The two technology implantation issues I chose to use for this response is decreased productivity and lack of funding. For decreased productivity, I would try try to keep my students on track as much as I can, but when I notice certain days where they are more distracted than others, if time allows, I will let my students enjoy a 15-20 minute break from learning to play games on educational sites. For lack of funding, I would do my best to hold fundraisers and get parents involved in the issue. I would explain the issue the school is having and see if parents want to help the classroom out. If nothing works, I can always create lesson plans without needing to implement technology in it. 

After working on the Newsletter, I learned a bunch of new skills. I got to get more acquainted with all the tools Microsoft Word had to offer, I got to learn how to create a cut out "permission slip" with shading, and I learned how to add a hyperlink. A skill from the whole newsletter that I would probably use the most would be changing the text alignment from vertical to horizontal based on the way my text box is facing. I thought that was really cool and I feel way more confident in my abilities with Word. My skills that I learned today, only helped me to grow, I can use these skills to create similar newsletters or brochures for my own classroom in the future!


Here is a screenshot of the first page of my newsletter!





Comments

Popular Posts