Blog Journal 4

 For my ELA technology standards, I chose to look at 1st grade. The standard I chose was LAFS.1.RI.2.5. This standard was about getting the students to understand and utilize different text features, such as electronic menus, table of contents, icons, and more to get a better grasp on the content within the text. I feel like this standard can be implemented in a lot of ways in a classroom, especially first grade. I think I would be prepared to implement this standard in my lesson plans, specifically because I have already done various activities with my kindergarten classroom, where we have explored websites that allowed us to read and interact with a story. 

For the CPALMS activity, I also chose 1st grade. For the educational toolkit, I chose dance, because I like to do active lessons in the classroom. The resource I stumbled across was the movement alphabet lesson plan which allowed students to use their bodies to help them memorize the alphabet. This lesson plan especially stuck out to me because it allowed students to have fun while learning a subject that could be boring. I find it very important to teach students at a young age that any subject can be made in to something fun. This lesson plan seemed like a very active and engaging lesson that helped all the different types of learners, which is just my style.

After doing the Word Hunt activity, I realized how important it was to understand how to search on the internet. If I had a class of 1st graders and I was switching lessons and projecting my computer screen up on the board, I need to make a good example and show them correct spelling skills, proficient grammar skills, and I need to search up exactly what I want in order to keep them on task. The activity from this week, Word Hunt was an exciting challenge for me. It allowed me to understand how you needed to dissect what was being asked of you in order to get the correct answer. I will be taking that skill into my professional teaching career, as well as the skill about splitting up your Google search using dashes, this saves time and will help me be a better internet searcher in the long run!

Comments

Popular Posts