Blog Journal 7

The school website I decided to explore was the Leon County High School website. I went to the teacher websites provided and looked into a couple of them to see what information they offered. Publicly, I could see the teacher's email they provided, the syllabus for the class, some of their office hours, and class calendars. I found the teacher's websites really helpful as a student. All the information was in one place and it was easy to read and understand. As a teacher I hope I am able to create some sort of website or platform to share my information with my students and parents. The link to the school website I explored is here
When I envision myself as a teacher, I envision myself to be moderately tech savvy, but not reliant on it too much in class. I envision myself using teacher software like Class Dojo and keeping up with a weekly online newsletter for the parents. I think being tech savvy as a teacher, especially as times are changing and technology is getting more advanced, is very important to my development and it will help me step out of my comfort zone. Using technology in my classroom, especially as a 1st grade teacher will also help to introduce my young students to the world of technology, so I believe using technology in my classroom is only beneficial. 

Before starting this class, I had never made a wiki page before. I personally didn't love the PB works site because I found it very bland and boring. I would've preferred if it had a brighter color scheme or allowed for photos. I think as a future teacher I won't use it too much, but if I did I would try to not put as much information as we included for the project, in order to not lose my students' attention. Overall, it was a nice platform and easy to use, it just would've hit all the marks if it was more engaging. 

Comments

Popular Posts