Blog Journal 10

 When I graduate, I plan to become an elementary school teacher. I hope to teach 1st grade but I may dabble in different grades for a bit. When I do become a teacher, I believe I will use data collection tools, or surveys, mainly to collect information from the parents. Assuming, I am a first grade teacher, the students won't really be able to use and understand surveys, so instead I will most likely have the parents fill out surveys for things like class meetings, parent-teacher conferences, etc. 

When reviewing my classmates' blogs, I thought it was very interesting to see how different theirs were. It was really cool to see their writing styles and how they decorated their blog. I also liked looking at their blogs because it made making my blog post seem more worthwhile, since others would be reading it. Overall reviewing my classmates' blogs gave me a deeper understanding for these blog posts and also helped me to feel a bit more connected to my peers in this class. 

The next technology related skill I would like to learn would have to be spreadsheet skills. I have never had that much experience with Excel, so I am very unfamiliar with it and scared of it. I try to avoid using it whenever I can but I feel like it would be very beneficial as a teacher for making graphs for presentations or understanding graphs. I would go about this by implementing tutorials about this skill in our next module as well as including this skill in the next module, for some sort of assignment. 

Comments

  1. Hi Taelor, I am also hoping to become a 1st grade teacher and was thinking of using surveys for the same type of situations. I think many teachers don't collect enough feedback from parents and I hope to include the parents of my students in many aspects of my teaching. I also feel the same about looking at other classmates' blogs. It is nice to know that other people are looking at the blogs and reading them so I don't feel I am doing them for nothing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts